Monday 10 February 2014

Bourjois Bargins!

The other day I went into Target and found the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum and the Delice de Soleil bronzing powder for only $5 AUD each! (I think they were selling them cheap as they don't stock Bourjois anymore). So I obviously had to get them. I know that a lot of people own these products, but I thought I would share my opinion about them.


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation
You can buy this foundation at Priceline for $32 AUD. It comes in 5 different shades, I got the lightest, no. 51 Light Vanilla.

Here's what it promises on the Bourjois website:
The Healthy Mix Serum foundation reveals and boosts the radiance of the complexion with its vitamin-rich fruit therapy formula. Its fresh gel foundation instantly blends onto the skin, for an even, very natural finish, with no streaks. Imperfections are erased, signs of fatigue are smoothed, the radiance of the complexion is boosted for 16 hours.  Hypoallergenic, lets skin breathe. Dermatologically tested.

What I think:
I have only worn this foundation a couple times in the last week and I have very mixed feelings about it. This foundation is a gel foundation. It has a thin consistency and a light to medium coverage. It has a dewy finish which I like in a foundation. I would say my skin is normal to combination. It can get a little oily around my nose and on my chin, and it can sometimes get a bit dry depending on the weather. I wouldn't say this foundation lasts 16 hours. By the end of the day it had creased under my eyes (I wasn't wearing concealer) and looked cakey around my nose and chin. My eyelids aren't really oily but it came off them completely. I did set it with a powder and finished the rest of my makeup as usual. I do like the finish it gave and the fact that it is perfect for an everyday light coverage. I would suggest that people with oily skin or dry patches not try this foundation. I will continue to use this foundation and maybe experiment with other products to set it etc and see how it goes.

Bourjois Delice de Soleil Bronzer
You can buy this bronzing powder at Priceline for $30 AUD. It comes in 2 different shades, 12 Fair/Medium and 14 Olive/Tan. I picked up the darker shade.

Here's what it promises on the Bourjois website:
An exquisite bronzing powder for a delicious natural and radiant tan. With a deliciously addictive chocolate scent and ultra-fine texture, this bronzing powder enhances all complexions with a naturally sheer result and sun-kissed glow.

What I think:
I loveeee this bronzer! It's a nice colour, not orange or too dark even though I have fair skin. I mainly use it to contour and just blend it out nicely. The small golden sparkles don't show up on the skin. Oh, and it smells amazing!

What the foundation looks like after wearing
it all day in natural sunlight:
Products used:
Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in 51 Light Vanilla
Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light
Bourjois Delice de Soleil Bronzer in 14 Olive/Tan
MAC Powder Blush in Well Dressed
Stila All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten
Covergirl Lashblast Mascara
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
MAC Viva Glam Nicki Lipstick
 
 
 
 
Let me know of any other foundations I should try :)
 
Carissa xx



Follow me on instagram: carissaelle

No comments:

Post a Comment